Saturday 10 April 2010

~A Fresh Start~

The unbelievable just happened.

But it's real alright..
I made my own blog at long last. Something that I've been opposed to for a long time even after much persuasion. I have my reasons why I didn't want to.. but now reasons to make a blog are starting to surface. Tak pernah nak paham dulu.. only after I'm here thousands of miles from home I start seeing it..

Reasons not to:

-I was not the type to express myself in writing. Leceh ah.. Nak tulis about everyday life and all the nitty gritty stuff going on.. <_<
-I am a (very) lazy person in nature. I know my blog will have a high probability of getting abandoned after some time (which I have seen happening with a lot of others) so better not bother to start one right?
-Believe it or not I'm kinda uneasy with other people stalking me. I'm the stalker not the stalkee =S Rasa cam ramai jer yg dok menunggu nak perlakukan sesuatu if I were to start a blog. (well tah2 perasan sendiri jer, org lain tak kesah kot)
And someone even vowed to harass me on my blog when he/she finds out about it. Yeah, you know who you are. ;P I'm copying your style here just to clear up any doubt in your mind who I'm referring to....oh. Sorry was it supposed to be a secret? Maaflah your best friend and I tak simpan apape rahsia antara kami ;)


Reasons to:

-I got to know a certain someone a few years ago and it changed me. Since then, I've opened up and am more able to articulate my mind into writing, even writing daily stuff (although it's more like I am conditioned to). It's a progress I believe. It's easier for me to write papers or essays now. But it also makes pouring my mind out to someone (kinda) a necessity now..to someone who cares about it.
-Laziness can never overcome boredom. Since I came to the UK there's not much stuff to do. I can't be working all the time right? I need some time off somewhere and lots of my time is spent here depan laptop. Rather than doing nothing, refreshing Facebook homepage and stalking others baik aku buat benda berfaedah sket ye tak? (berfaedah ek? xP)
-I'm thousands of miles now from home, away from my family, my friends and people whom I care and (may) care about me too. I figured I can't just go away and lost contact (other than the occasional chats/FB/calls/vidcalls). It's better if I keep them updated on what I'm up to.


So, tamat sudah mukadimah yg panjang di atas. It's best to start with a short introduction of Yours Truly. My name is Zakwan Zainuddin, a Malaysian born in 3rd of July 1989 in a family with 6 other siblings (and two in-laws). I am now a first year graduate student in the Computational Modelling (CoMo) research group in the University of Cambridge pursuing PhD in Chemical Engineering. You can find me in the Cambridge official page or search for my name in the CoMo group website.

..and that's it for the (very) short introduction ;)
The next post would be more about what I'm doing here currently.

And with this, my blog is officially launched, and I'll try my best to keep it updated frequently ^_^

6 comments: