Monday 23 May 2011

~Left but lives on~


Salaam 'alaikum..

It's been a long time since I've last written..
So much to do, so much to learn, so much yet to do, but have I done enough? Have I make full use of my time? Without ever learning, I repeat the same mistake again and again. If not because Allah (SWT) the Almighty had been the Most Merciful to me, He might have taken away that particular ni'mat away from me long ago, that ni'mat called TIME.

وَٱلْعَصْرِ ﴿١﴾ إِنَّ ٱلْإِنسَـٰنَ لَفِى خُسْرٍ ﴿٢
By TIME! Indeed Man is in a state of LOSS!!

Wake up me!! Can't you see that verse is directed to you??! ><''



Anyway, last week was Teachers' Day in Malaysia. My special tributes to all my teachers, (although it's a bit late, I apologise for that..) and especially to my first and best teacher ever: My Parents. If it's not for them, I won't be who I am today. I am eternally grateful for all my teachers who had been patiently passing down their knowledge to me =) you guyz are the best!

But in this post, I'd like to highlight a certain teacher of mine whom I've been holding in a special place in my heart. Someone who has taught my class for most of my childhood years, teaching the wonderful subject of Islamic Studies, and whom left us quite suddenly near the end of my schooling years..

I was browsing through my collection of pictures and found an old photo of her and memories started to stream back into my mind. She had been my teacher for as far back as I can remember (ok maybe a tad bit later), she taught us a lot about Solat, she taught us a lot about the Seerah of the Prophet (SAW), about 'Aqidah, the Most Beautiful Names of Allah (SWT), and much much more. But truthfully speaking, when I think back I've never given her the level of appreciation that she deserved, and I was astonished that it affected me so much when she left 8 years ago, crossing the barzakh separating this world and the next. Only then I realised how much contribution she had made in my life, teaching me the most valuable knowledge of all, the knowledge of Islam.



But dear (Allahyarham) teacher Wan Zarinah, even when you have left, your amal lives on. For every time I practice what you taught, you get your share in it. Every time I read Surah Al-Fajr, I'd remember the first time I learned about its tafseer from you. I can't imagine how much you've obtained even when you are no longer in this world.

And now I want to follow your footsteps. I want to follow the footsteps of the Prophet (SAW). I want to pass down beneficial knowledge to others, become a Da'ie of Allah, sowing the magnificent teachings of Islam and the Prophet. I want to contribute for the Ummah, towards the rise of Islam in the future, all for the sake of Allah's Love.. Ya Allah please guide me.. I don't want to be among the people in the state of Loss.

Ya Rasulullah, I want to follow your footsteps to da'wah. I want to meet you and the Sahabahs in Jannah someday (inshaAllah), to thank you for spreading the words of Islam till it has reached me today.

But with my current state, it is impossible.

O Allah, guide me..
please give me the strength to stay steadfast..

Ya Allah, bless my teachers in this world and the hereafter..
Give my parents the best in this world and the hereafter..

Amiin.

1 comment:

  1. I remember the tafseer lessons, too. I remember her trying to explain what "As-Samad" means in surah Al-Ikhlas. Now almost every time I recite Al-Ikhlas, my mind goes back to how she explained the concept: As-Samad means Allah is the One (and Only) we turn to in our needs and everything. And yes, she taught us a lot about salat. Al-Fatihah.

    ReplyDelete